The Michigan Hawking Club is a non-political, non-profit organization whose purpose is preservation of the sport of falconry and conservation of birds of prey.
The goals of the MHC are…
- To provide communication among, and to disseminate relevant information to, club members.
- To promote scientific study of raptorial species, their care, welfare, and training.
- To promote conservation of birds of prey and an appreciation for their value in nature and in wildlife conservation programs.
- To promote recognition of falconry as a legal field sport and support the practice of falconry to the highest standards.
- To establish traditions which will aid, perpetuate, and further the welfare of falconry, and the raptors it employs.