The resources below will provide ideas for Place-Based Education projects throughout Northeast Michigan in the form of both projects currently being done and opportunities presented by area organizations and professionals.
- Summary of Projects Funded by NEMI GLSI: A brief overview of projects Northeast Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative is currently funding, including each project's community partners. Similar information can be found in the Projects in Action section of this website.
- Alcona Community High School Factsheet: A one page overview of Alcona High School's GLSI project. This type of handout makes a great resource for sharing your project with others.
- Coastal Community Development Project Opportunities: A presentation given by Laura Ingles (NEMCOG) and Brandon Schroeder (Michigan Sea Grant) on local ideas and opportunities for projects relating to coastal access, tourism, and economic development.
- Fisheries Project Opportunities: A presentation given by Brandon Schroeder (Michigan Sea Grant) and Mark Stephens (Michigan State University) outlining ideas and opportunities for projects focusing on local fisheries.
- Great Lakes History and Heritage Project Opportunities: A presentation given by Cathy Green (Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary) on ideas and opportunities for local Great Lakes history and heritage projects.
- Habitat and Watershed Project Opportunities: A presentation given by Huron Pines of ideas and opportunities for projects that focus on habitats and watersheds.