9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
“Bringing Great Lakes Science Alive through Place-Based Education”
Your school, your community organization, and YOU are invited to join and participate in the annual, youth education-focused Northeast Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative (NE MI GLSI) Regional Network Meeting on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 hosted in Alpena, Michigan.
- Learn about the NE MI GLSI network and gain educational updates, information and resources in support of your stewardship education programs and efforts.
- Network, share, and trade lessons learned with participating NE MI GLSI partners and projects; a chance to connect with educators and community partners from around our region.
- Contribute in planning the future direction for your regional NE MI GLSI, a focus this year on Great Lakes stewardship through citizen science! Your opportunity to provide input and guidance about how GLSI can better support place-based education programming in northeast Michigan!
Please share with those who may be interested in participating and benefit from the day, and we hope you will plan to join yourself!
- Register online no later than Thursday, February 12th.
- No cost to participate and lunch is provided. We only request you please pre-register, as this helps us plan for meals and educational materials provided.
- School participation stipends. Participating schools will be reimbursed ($100 stipend per educator participating) to help cover costs of substitute teachers.
Questions or need additional information? Please feel free to contact Brandon Schroeder by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 989-354-9885.
In good tradition, we anticipate a wonderful day of networking and sharing information, resources, and new ideas among schools, educators and community partners engaged in youth development and environmental stewardship across northeast Michigan.
Great Lakes Maritime Heritage Center
500 West Fletcher Street
Alpena, Michigan 49707