9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
“Integrated Learning Through Place-Based Education”
Your school, your community organization, and YOU are invited to join and participate in the annual, youth education-focused Northeast Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative (NEMIGLSI) Regional Network Meeting on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 hosted in Alpena, Michigan.
- Learn about the NEMIGLSI network and gain educational updates, information and resources in support of your stewardship education programs and efforts.
- Network, share, and trade lessons learned with participating NEMIGLSI partners and projects; a chance to connect with educators and community partners from around our region.
- Contribute in planning the future direction for your regional NEMIGLSI, a focus this year on Great Lakes stewardship through citizen science! Your opportunity to provide input and guidance about how GLSI can better support place-based education programming in northeast Michigan!
Please share with those who may be interested in participating and benefit from the day, and we hope you will plan to join yourself!
- Register online no later than Friday, February 12th.
- No cost to participate and lunch is provided. We only request you please pre-register, as this helps us plan for meals and educational materials provided (if you have any food allergies, please contact Meaghan Gass, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- School participation stipends. $100/teacher
Questions or need additional information? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail at northeastmichiganGLSI@gmail.com or phone: 989-356-8805, ext. 41.
In good tradition, we anticipate a wonderful day of networking and sharing information, resources, and new ideas among schools, educators and community partners engaged in youth development and environmental stewardship across northeast Michigan.
Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
500 West Fletcher Street
Alpena, Michigan 49707